Microsoft Word/MS Word Folding and Expanding

Hey, Nancy

I've encounter an issue when building my resume in MS word. Now that I added another experience to my resume, it is incurably over one page, which does not look professional enough.

Is it possible to fold some sections and make it expandable upon click (like grouping function in excel). I use mac 2011 version but I guess it wouldn't be a problem.

Let me know if it is workable. Thank you.

hello - the only way I am familiar with is by using an Outline which can be expanded, but I am not sure this would be appropriate for a printed document.

Depending on the amount of additional text there are ways of working text to fit on one page.

You can change the line height from , let us say 12 to 11.5, for example.
You can change the margins from 1.5 inches to 1.2 inches or something similar
You can change the font size from 11 to 10.5
You can change the line spacing before and after a paragraph from 8 or 6 to 4 or 5

Only you will know if there is any information on the resume that perhaps could be eliminated.

All the best
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Nancy C. Janyszeski

Microsoft Office 97 to 2010. Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor and MOUS Master Certified. Sr. Instructional Designer for International IT Certification for Activ, the only UK-based provider of approved training and testing software for ECDL Foundation and British Computer Society Qualifications

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Sr Instructional Designer for International IT Certification and test designer for Skills Advantage,

MOUS Master Certified, was Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor, ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010.