Microsoft Word/Add Crop Lines

Hi, I am trying to make a word document in a word document and I could really use some help. I want my final size would be 8.5 x 11" (standard paper size for printing), but in that 8.5 x 11" sheet I want two word documents that are 4.25 x 6.25" each with crop marks for cutting. My other option would be to just do one document that is 4.25 x 6.25" and print on 8.5 x 11" paper and cut it but then I will have to use double the paper. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advanced!!

Hello Kim,

Thank you for your question.

Firstly it would be difficult to have the 2 pages to measure 4.25 x 6.25 as that does not equal half of the length of the page.  Instead I believe that the size should be 4 x 5 (as you need to make allowance for the margins of 1 inch on each side)

You can print the file with 2 on a page by selecting that option from the Print menu using File > Print > 2 Page Per Sheet.  If you would like a copy of a file that may help with the project, please email me at

I hope this helps with your project.

Mary Lindsey

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Mary A Lindsey

I can answer all Microsoft Office 2000 to 2007 Word questions regarding formatting, styles, shortcut keys, simple macros, templates, forms, TOC, TOA, Index, Cross-References, etc. NO VBA.

Over 15 years as a legal Word Processing support personnel and Microsoft Word Master Instructor

Microsoft Office Master Instructor