Microsoft Word/MS Word Slow Cut & Paste

Good Day! I hope you're having a pleasant one.

I am working with Vista(64). I Mostly use MS Office 2007 & sometimes MS Works to be able to easily switch documents with my wife. Cutting/Copying, along with opening a New Document, has become Very Slow. No matter what it is, a single word, a whole document, in any document, it is the same. Also while in my document, any document, when I attempt to open a New Document... the same delay occurs. The Delay amounts to about 17 seconds with Cut or Copy, it occurs for about 22 seconds with a New Document, but increases as I open more New Documents... ie. when I attempt to open New Document #4, it takes about 41 seconds for that document to open. I have tried the usual troubleshooting tricks to no avail.

I am not the only one experiencing this problem. I've seen other similar posts like mine, but with no definitive answers.

Your Assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for Your Time,

John V. Brennan
Owego, NY

Having not had the issue, and being on Windows 7 and Office 360, I'm reliant on Google as you were - however, the suggestions at MAY point in possible directions that could resolve it?
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions of Word from 2 onwards