Microsoft Word/printing p[roblem

Question
QUESTION: hello, Dale, how are you?

I have a computer using Windows XP, and it works fine.
I use it with a Brother MFC-J650DW printer.
The problem:
When I want to print a Word or Excel document, the results are OK.
When I have a document from the Internet, I get either no paper or a blank page. When I copy the contents to Word using the PrintScm key, I get a small screen telling me that there is no disc space, which is puzzling because the contents are no larger than a Word-created document.
What can I do?

Thanks.

Chris

ANSWER: Hi Chris,

Well is seems like we are dealing with more than one situation here.

Printing problems are not easily diagnosed in this type of venue.

I think the first thing I would do is try using a different Internet Browser and simply try to print so the Google.com home screen. If that works OK try and find the page you were having trouble printing before and see if it will print from that browser.

Good luck.

Dale :-)

Ps. They always say make sure your printer has the latest drivers installed.

QUESTION: Hi Dale!

I followed your advice. I used Firefox instead of Google Chrome. The Firefox homepage printed properly!
Then I closed Firefox, opened Google Chrome and found that its homepage would not print. I closed it, opened Firefox again to see proper printing of its home page.

What conclusion can I draw from this? I like Google Chrome and would prefer to use it.

Thanks,

chris

Answer
Hello Again Chris,

This could be another one of those computer mysteries.

Why does it work with one but not the other? It could be the Print settings in Chrome or there could be something wrong with Chrome.

Maybe there is some unknown conflict with your particular printer and Chrome?

This is another example of why printing issues are so hard to solve unless you are sitting in front of the system.

Don't know if you reinstall Chrome it will work any better but I would do that just to eliminate the possibility Chrome is corrupted in some way.

I don't have a good answer for you, if it were me I would use the "work around" with Firefox for the time being.

Good luck.

Dale :-)

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Dale F. Wiley