Microsoft Word/Unwanted text in a table

Question
Hi Nancy,

I'm sorry I may be repeating a question.

I've created a two-column, two-row table rows with a picture in each cell.  After I pasted each picture into the table, I inserted a caption under each picture.  So the computer copied part of a paragraph into the table of figures when I need it to put only captions there.  Since seem to remember that someone told me that, to solve the problem, I needed to insert a carriage return after each caption in the table.  But those CRs didn't help.  What mistake did I make?  Thanks.

Bill

Answer
Bill, I am unable to duplicate what you are experiencing.

I see that you are copying and pasting images, not inserting them

So, I would ask where are you copying them from
  Is there any data attached to the image when you copy
You are pasting in a table
You insert a caption for each photo

At this point you create a Table of Figures which results in unwanted text within the caption

You have hit a "hard return' or Enter after the caption

Have you "Updated" the table of figures?  (Right Click, Update Field, Entire Table)

Not sure if  there is a clue here that might help.

Nancy  
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Nancy C. Janyszeski