Microsoft Word/Unwanted text in a table

Hi Nancy,

I'm sorry I may be repeating a question.

I've created a two-column, two-row table rows with a picture in each cell.  After I pasted each picture into the table, I inserted a caption under each picture.  So the computer copied part of a paragraph into the table of figures when I need it to put only captions there.  Since seem to remember that someone told me that, to solve the problem, I needed to insert a carriage return after each caption in the table.  But those CRs didn't help.  What mistake did I make?  Thanks.

Bill, I am unable to duplicate what you are experiencing.

I see that you are copying and pasting images, not inserting them

So, I would ask where are you copying them from
  Is there any data attached to the image when you copy
You are pasting in a table
You insert a caption for each photo

At this point you create a Table of Figures which results in unwanted text within the caption

You have hit a "hard return' or Enter after the caption

Have you "Updated" the table of figures?  (Right Click, Update Field, Entire Table)

Not sure if  there is a clue here that might help.

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Nancy C. Janyszeski

Microsoft Office 97 to 2010. Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor and MOUS Master Certified. Sr. Instructional Designer for International IT Certification for Activ, the only UK-based provider of approved training and testing software for ECDL Foundation and British Computer Society Qualifications

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Sr Instructional Designer for International IT Certification and test designer for Skills Advantage,

MOUS Master Certified, was Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor, ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010.