Microsoft Word/merging and format

Question
more detail   one document is a basic word document  to this is added a document vertical table type and the objective is to have one document that is equitable and harmonious

there are icons which says source format etc. and then there is on the top towards the right

I remember you telling me that conversion          after pdf is not the easiest of things but whatever you can tell me,   which will make some sense to me, I would be very grateful. Sense not because of your explanation but because of my capacity to understand

Thanks again

Answer
I thought I answered this, but I must have failed to send the answer.

Merging two documents with different formatting is always tricky. If you paste content from one document to another and get the Paste Options button, you can choose Keep Source Formatting, which will preserve some of the formatting. To combine two entire documents, however, you need a different technique.

We'll call your "basic word document" the Target Document and the document you want to add the Source Document. At the end of the Source Document, insert a section break (it can be Continuous). At the end of the Target Document, insert a Next Page section break. Below the section break (on the new page) use Insert | Text | Object | Text from File to insert the Source Document. This will preserve all the section formatting, which includes page size and orientation, margins, number of columns, header/footer, etc. It will not preserve font and paragraph formatting if the Source Document contains styles that are differently defined in the Target Document.

Some articles that may be helpful are:

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/sharing/WillMyFormatChange.html
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/WorkWithSections.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/PasteWithoutSectionInfo.htm (you'd need to do the opposite of this)
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill