Microsoft Word/Headers in 2010 MS Word

Question
I want a header containing my name and address on page 1 but not on page 2, page 3, etc. I have the Dummies book for WORD 2010 but they only describe how to eliminate the header on Page 1 and place a header on Page 2, etc.

Can you tell me how to place a header on Page 1 but not on Page 2 and the following pages of a letter

Answer
I'm not sure what method the Dummies book gives but it SHOULD be the same - on the page layout ribbon, click the button at the bottom right of the paragraph section to bring up the full layout dialog box - on the layout tab, click the "different first page" button - I would HOPE that this is basically the method you have been told for a blank header on page 1 - to get the header information, simply go to page one and set up the header as you wish.

There are other ways of achieving this but the above method should be the easiest.  I'm working from office 2013, but I THINK the ribbons I've described are the same in 2010 - but if you have any problems following these instructions do let me know.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage