Microsoft Word/PRINTING PROBLEM

Question
QUESTION: hi Suzanne,how've you been?

I'm copying a bunch of stuff from a website called "Home and Learn". It is very well done, teaching how to use Excel VBA.
The material contains text and boxes, whether they are tables or text boxes, I can't tell.
My problem is that the print-out gives normal results for the text but the contents of the boxes are illegible.
What can I do to make the print-out of  the boxes a legible one?
I use Word 2010 and Windows 7.

Thanks

Chris

ANSWER: What's the URL of one of the pages? I'll take a look and see what I can figure out.

QUESTION: Thank you, Suzanne, for your prompt reply.

The URL is www.homeandlearn.org.
The screen shows "Excel VB Programming".
A menu appears on the left side of the screen.
Open the second item “Getting Started”.
A menu appears; click on “Watch A Macro Being Recorded". Scroll  down on the first page to see the contents.You can scroll through the entire section to see about 12 graphics, all inside of borders.
I printed the section and found all graphics to be legible.

Return to the  home page, move down to “Programming Loops” and choose “The Cells Property”. In this section, scroll down to see the contents. There are 3 graphics, all within borders.
When printed, all 3 graphics were of poor quality, and could barely be read.
So that is the problem.
The text outside the boxes was perfectly clear.

Thanks for your interest.

Chris

Answer
Thanks for your very clear instructions, which I printed out and followed. Unfortunately, the graphics on the "Cells Property" page printed clearly for me from both laser and inkjet printers, so the bottom line is that I can't reproduce your problem--at least not when printing directly from the website.

Your initial question suggested you were pasting content into Word and printing, which could make a difference, but when I pasted the images into a Word 2010 document and printed, I got an even clearer result (since the images were larger). Because they are screen shots, the text represents the pixels on the screen, and the Courier New text in the VBA code listings is not as clear as the text in Excel itself, but it's all quite legible.

So I'm afraid since I can't reproduce the problem, I can't offer any suggestions. I did check to see what the file format of the images is; they're all GIFs, so there should be no difference in clarity.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill