Microsoft Word/microsoft office professional 2013

Question
I loaded Microsoft office on my home computer about 2 years ago from a copy we used at work. I retired, the company sold and I started my own business. It has worked fine until about a week ago. I have several documents I use that I use the main body of the letter but change names and dates in them on a month to month basis. Recently Word wont let me save any changes to any of my documents. I tells me "a file error has occurred" I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and still does the same thing. I tried using the repair tool but nothing seems to work

Answer
This does appear to be a fairly common issue - see http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-word/cannot-save-doc for some discussions around this (as you can see, the issue goes back a few versions) - it would APPEAR to be related to the document, so uninstalling/reinstalling etc would not make a difference (as you have found).  POSSIBLY an additional fix to try would be to select all, then paste to a new document and save that

question found in question pool (original expert would have been unable or unwilling to answer)

Aidan
www.flameenterprises.co.uk
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage