Microsoft Word/word 2010

hello!  in my document when i do insert header it only appears on the first page of  15 page document?

thank you

If you have enabled "Different First Page" for a document or a section of a document, then the header on the first page of the document or section is the First Page Header, which appears only on the first page of the document or section. If you want the header to appear on every page, either copy/paste the content of the First Page Header into the primary Header or cut the content from the First Page Header, disable "Different First Page," and paste the content into the primary Header.

If the document contains more than one section, each section can have up to three headers (First Page, Primary/Odd Page, and Even Page), and each of these headers can be linked to the corresponding header in the following section. If it is unlinked, then anything you put in the header will not be repeated in the following section.

For more, see
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill

I've been using Word for Windows since version 2.0 (1992), and the more I learn about it, the more I realize how little I know. But I may know a few things that you don't, and I'll help if I can. I answer many questions every day in Microsoft's peer support forums and as a result have been awarded the MVP (Most Valuable Professional) designation by Microsoft Corporation. You may be able to find the answer to your question at the Word MVPs' FAQ site or at my own Word FAQ site, so please check those first! Please, no questions about VBA (macros), Registry editing, networks, or complex merges, as I have no experience with these aspects of Word, nor do I have any experience with Word for Mac. Please indicate which version of Word you are using; if you are not sure, see "What version of Word do I have?".

I have a master's degree in classics (Latin), which is surprisingly helpful, though I no longer teach. The things I am proudest of: Having raised two children to maturity, both Merit Scholars, both college graduates (one a philosophy major!), one Phi Beta Kappa (from Harvard!); having been made a Paul Harris Fellow by my Rotary club; having been designated a Microsoft MVP.

Rotary Club of Fairhope, Friends of the Fairhope Public Library

B.A. (Latin), Agnes Scott College, 1966; M.A. (Classics), Emory University, 1972.

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional award every year since 1999; many Rotary honors