Microsoft Word/reversed letters

Question
My program just developed a strange problem. When I close a file and reopen it, the first line comes out in reverse. For example, if I type Chapter One, it changes itself to enO retpahC

Answer
Hello - I have not seen that before and doing a browser search resulted in only 3 options.  One seemed to be the title of a book and it did not seem to be a site I was comfortable accessing.

Either - your auto correct has this entry or you have some kind of a virus.  I would also ask, did you create the document from scratch or is is based on a document that someone else created?

To check your autocorrect File > Options > Proofing > AutoCorrect Options

in the Replace field - type - Chapter One and see if it is already there, if so simply delete the entry

If not, I would do a virus scan.

I don't see which version of Word you are using, but I did not find any results for any reason other than a possible "easter egg" which are no long within the new versions of Word.  
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Nancy C. Janyszeski