Microsoft Word/copy and paste

Question
Hello, Nancy!

I'm encountering an unexpected problem...
I have a file,with the jpg or tif extension, listed in Windows Explorer. I click the file name, then right-click, then choose the word "Copy".
Then I move to my email box where I want to insert the file, then I
right-click, to see a list of choices including "Paste".
The Problem: pasting does not occur.
When I want to do these steps with a file ending in the docx extension, I have no problem in pasting.

I know that I could ATTACH the jpg file, but I want to INSERT the file directly, as text, in the email.

Have I explained my problem clearly?

Thanks

Chris

Answer
Chris - I am not clear on exactly what you are doing .

a *.jpg or a *.tiff file are images not text

What kind of email are you using? If it is Outlook, you would use the Insert feature not attach, which would send the file as an attachment.

To include an image within the email you go to the Insert TAB > Picture > select the file and it will end up in the body of the email.

Are you pasting into a Word Document?
Are you using Word to create emails?

I am using Word 2013 and I copy a *.jpg file and paste into a Word document and the image is within the document.

I repeated this pathway using Word 2007 and it also results in the image within the Word document.

What version of Word are you using?

Nancy

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Nancy C. Janyszeski