Microsoft Word/Mail Merge to include Excel and Word

Question
Excel Grid
Excel Grid  

Mail Merge
Mail Merge  
Hello,
I have a grid that I copy and paste over to a corresponding mail merge that then gets put into an email and sent out. I need the headers row 1 and the grid row 2 from excel copied and pasted over to the corresponding word mail merge sheet automatically. Is there any way to do this automatically without it being a manual process?

Answer
Hi there Jessica

I'm not entirely clear on what you mean. You can most certainly use an Excel spreadsheet as your data source.. and then it is just a case of placing the appropriate field links in your document. If you are perhaps asking if there is a way to quickly dump all of the data from the spreadsheet into the Word document, then this can be done with a simple copy and paste.

To help me understand your query and clarify if I am able to help you, you are welcome to send me some example files and an explanation of exactly what you want to achieve to email kazzi_bee@hotmail.com and I'll take a look at the situation!

cheers
Karen
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Karen Lee Biddle