Microsoft Word/Navigation in MS Word 7

Question
I have recently shifted from Word 2003 to 2007 and am glad I did. Love the 2007 version. One small point is that I would like the Draft view to be the default view instead of the Print view. To your knowledge is there some way to get it to default to the Draft view?

John

Answer
Good day John,

Thank you for your question.

To change the default view to Draft view when a Word 2007 document is opened, follow these steps:

1.    Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.
2.    Click Advanced.
3.    Under General, click to select the Allow opening a document in Draft view check box.
4.    Click OK.

Good luck.

Mary Lindsey
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Mary A Lindsey