Microsoft Word/Learning Microsoft Office

Question

I want to learn Word, Excel and Powerpoint.  There are so many books & web sites out there that it is mind boggling.  I have Word (most recent) installed.  What is your advice on the best way to learn Microsoft office?

Thanks, John

Answer
everyone learns differently, which is partly why there are so many sites out there.  I would suggest that for Word, you simply start using it - as and when you aren't sure how to do something, google it, or look on YouTube for a training video - ideally find a style there that suits and try to use the same channel or presenter to give you answers - and of course, you can come back here with questions - I've done SOME training videos (www.flameenterprises.co.uk talks about what I have done and can do!).  Much the same applies to learning the other programs in the office suite - I'm finding at the moment that if I want help with PowerPoint I ask my 11 year old who is amazingly good at it!!
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage