Microsoft Word/Styles/Form Fill

Dear Nancy Is there any way to automatically update information in a header.  What I am thinking about is - I have a project document.  The title of this project changes depending on what the project is.  Is there any way I can have the header update the project dependent on the title?  For example, I have Project Vena.  Rather than have to type Project Vena in the header, can Word take it from the title page?

Many thanks - and sincere thanks for volunteering your time

Hello Evonne - unfortunately I am not understanding what it is you are trying to do.

Are you referencing different documents based on a document template?

Where is the text that you want automatically updated, is it through out a document or just in the header?

By "header" are you referring to the Header as in Header/Footer of a document?

Why could you not simply type the text you want into the Header of a document which would then appear on every page of the document?

I am assuming you have a "cover page" which is being referred to a "title page" .

There is a search and replace feature in Word that will replace every instance of a word/s with another.

So sorry - I can't help.

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Nancy C. Janyszeski

Microsoft Office 97 to 2010. Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor and MOUS Master Certified. Sr. Instructional Designer for International IT Certification for Activ, the only UK-based provider of approved training and testing software for ECDL Foundation and British Computer Society Qualifications

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Sr Instructional Designer for International IT Certification and test designer for Skills Advantage,

MOUS Master Certified, was Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor, ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010.