Microsoft Word/uneven printing

Question
Hi Nancy, how've you been?

I use a HP Deskjet 841c printer, with Windows XP on my computer.
When printing a 4-page document, full pages, I found that page 1 and page 3 printed without problems...every line was clearly printed.
But then, printing page 2, the top 2 lines and the bottom 2 lines showed some partial printing, i.e., the words were legible, but showed some skimpiness in ink.
Similarly, when then printing page 4, the top 2 and  bottom 2 lines were skimpy in ink.
I then printed a test page, with perfect results. The test page was shorter in length of printed matter than my document.

Can you suggest a solution?

Thanks

Chris

Answer
Hello, It isn't easy without seeing the document, but I feel like your margins are out of range for your printer.

I would double check the margins for page 1 and 3 and see if the margins for pages 2 and 4 are the same.

Do you have odd and even section breaks setup?

The printer prints
The printer prints a test page
The printer prints pages 1 and 3
So there is something different on pages 2 and 4

I would reset the margins for pages 2 and 4 if you have section breaks.

If you don't have section breaks than reset the margins for the entire document to the default which in XP I think is 1.5 left and right 1" top and bottom (I stand corrected if that isn't right) I have not used XP in a long time.

As always save the document with a different name as a backup.

All the best
Nancy
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Nancy C. Janyszeski