Microsoft Word/keeping a permanent background image

Thanks for taking my question -
I have been trying to create our company stationary with our company logo filling the center area of the page. The logo is washed out or 20% opacity. I have tried Watermarking with our custom picture, and it works and looks nice, but is not permanent, it keeps highlighting when you start writing or moving about the page. I tried making it a template but to no avail.  I cannot figure out where I am making my mistake. How can I get this logo image to be a permanent part of the background, uneditable and un-movable ?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Tyler,

I am really stumped as to why this is not working for you.

I don't know what version you are using but in my Word 2007 version going to Page Layout, Watermark, Custom, lets me choose a graphic like a logo, Click Washout, then Apply then OK and it works just fine.

Try a new document and start over to see what happens.

If you still can't accomplish the task try one of the other volunteers, maybe they will have the version of Word you are using.

Good luck.

Dale :-)
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Dale F. Wiley

I must report that I donít use Word 2003, 2007 or 2010 and have yet to be convinced that I need them. Microsoft Word 97 Microsoft Word 2000 Microsoft Word 2002 Please note: I will not answer questions about Fields, Statements, Formulas, Macros, creating and writing specific macros, VBA (Visual Basic Editor) and the Microsoft Script Editor I am willing to answer questions about: Envelopes, Mailing Labels, Database, Graphics, WordArt, Interactive Forms, Formatting, Faxes, Letters, Lists, Newsletters, Tables, Web Pages, Email, Hyperlinks, Bookmarks, HTML, Table of Contents, Footnotes, Endnotes, AutoText, AutoCorrect, Headers and Footers, Converting Documents, Customizing Toolbars and Toolbar Icons, Margins, Page Settings, Layout, Dictionaries, Languages, Find and Replace, Mail Merge, Printing, Saving Cut, Copy, Paste, Paste Special, Office Clipboard, Keyboard Shortcuts, Font Lists, Customizing, Options, Templates, Bullets, Numbering, Borders, Using Themes, Fields, Symbols, Document Map, Find and Replace, etc.

Microsoft Office and Microsoft Word in particular is one of the most popular programs that our firm, Computer Help provides instruction, one on one tutoring and consultation. I personally use MS Word for almost every task: Envelopes, Mailing Labels, Database, WordArt, Interactive Forms, Faxes, Letters, Lists, Newsletters, Tables, Email Editor and much more. The exception, Graphics and Web Pages. For graphics I use Ulead's PhotoImpact and Microsoft's FrontPage for web site design.

Our column, COMPUTER Help's Q&A The Internet - E-mail,
appears in the Sun City Center PC Computer Club's Newsletter.

Formerly the #1 rated Microsoft Word Expert at since volunteering there in December 2000. In that time, responding to thousands of questions most of which were specific to Microsoft Word.