Microsoft Word/Template Macros in Word 2016

Question
QUESTION: Hi Mary
I wish to change the default colour of the screen that opens up in Microsoft word which is usually white to blue. I have done this on my computer which has Microsoft word 2016 on it with Windows 10 browser. (I go into users/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/Templates. Right click on the document Normal.dotm and open it change the colour by using page colour save). I cant seem to do this on Microsoft version 2010 running on Windows 10. The template has a black exclamation mark at the side of it with a yellow background. When I change the colour it doesn't work and the screen keeps opening up in white as a default. Is there an app that I need to download to this computer for it to work?
Thanks

ANSWER: Hello Sam,

Thank you for your question.  

You can change the screen colour in the Backstage View (File / Info); then select from the three options presented in the screen.  

Hope this helps.

Mary Lindsey

QUESTION: Hi Mary

I've got 3 optionso under info in word; protect document,inspect document or manage document. Can't see anything that relates to background colour. Any ideas?

Thanks
Sam

Answer
Background Colour
Background Colour  
Hi Sam,

Apologies for the erroneous instructions...

The corrected response is:

You can change the screen colour in the Backstage View (File / Options); then select from the Office Themes section (Colourful, Dark Gray, Black, White) - I am attaching an image for your review...

Mary  
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Mary A Lindsey