Microsoft Word/Inserting Multiple Dashes

Question
How do I insert multiple dashes ( - ) in a microsoft word doc?

Example: I copied and pasted random quotes from the internet onto a microsoft word document and each quote is separated by an enter space. The Document is now about 25 pages long, and I am hoping there is a way I can insert a dash before each quote without having to go individually, line by line.

Thank You

Answer
I'm not 100% sure I follow what you need to do, but certainly tidying up documents from the internet is something that I've often had to do - it MAY help to see a sample file (support@flameenterprises.co.uk will get me) but to replace returns use ^p (with whatever you want)

I've often had to remove multiple returns - in this instance, I'd replace all double returns (^p^p) with a holding character (say @@@), then replace all remaining returns with a single space, and finally replace the @@@ with ^p (the paragraph mark you actually wanted)

Hope this helps, but as I say, feel free to email with examples and I can help further I'm sure.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage