Microsoft Word/small caps

Question
Hello,in my last correspondence I said thank you to acknowledge the help that you gave me just before that message   I SHOULD HAVE DONE BETTER

iS THERE A WAY to convert with the computer say small caps or big caps to ordinary communication language. I guess i mean the type that I have I USED HERe

tHANK YOU

Answer
If the Small Caps or All Caps property has been applied to text as direct formatting (not part of the style), you can select the text and press Ctrl+Spacebar to remove this formatting. The underlying formatting may be all lowercase or some mixture of caps and lowercase.

If text has been typed in capitals using Caps Lock (or if removing All Caps or Small Caps does not yield the desired capitalization), then you need to use the Change Case feature. If you select the text and press Shift+F3 repeatedly, you can cycle through a selection of other case settings; if the three offered don't include the one you want, you can use the Change Case button in the Font group on the Home tab to display all the options.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill