Microsoft Word/Is there a way to do this?

Question
I wanna know if there's a word processor out there that can highlight bodies of text that contain words I specify, so I can cut and paste them all at once.

For example if I Ctrl+F the word 'city,' the locations of that word would be on a single sentence, in some cases two, in some cases an entire paragraph.

As in: 'I went to the city.' I want to take the whole sentence, even if it's just by itself.

Or: 'I went to the city. There was a ton of traffic.' I want both sentences, as a body of text.

Or a paragraph; it would take the whole thing. Basically, any size body of text that contains the word city, I want highlighted so I can just cut and paste it elsewhere. Kind of like a triple-click, except you're highlighting multiple bodies instead of just one.

I asked someone and they said MS Word can't do this. But, I'm curious if maybe another program could. Do you know any?

Thanks if you can help,
~TJ

Answer
Well, word COULD do it in that a a single click selects a location, a double click selects the word and a treble click selects the paragraph - so there are ways of selecting part or all of a document.  Additonally, you could use a macro to do what you wanted - BUT the problem based on the description is there is no clear rule about how much you want to take, and it is therefore hard to produce a process to automate it - happy to expand on this if you can explain your rules so I can see a logic behind them?

Sorry for delay in replying - for some reason, the original notification of the question didn't come through to me.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage