Microsoft Word/Header and page numbering

Question
Mr. Heritage:

I am using Word 2007 to format an Amazon CreateSpace fiction paperback. I've learned how to start headers past the copyright and title page where they shouldn't be. I have odd and even headers.
The problem is that the headers I create appear on the top of chapter two and where I don't want them--clear into the the sample of a different book and section that should have different headers and page numbering.

Your answer will definitely benefit many people if you consider the number of people using much time and frustrated at giving their work a professional looking appearance and meeting CreateSpace requirements.

thank you

Answer
I'm not familiar with the CreateSpace system, but as far as Word is concerned, headers are controlled by sections -you can specify a different section everytime you want to change the header information (which is probably what you did for the copyright and title page).

Happy to try and expand further if this isn't clear - just let me know - and if you wish me to look at a sample document my direct email is support@flameenterprises.co.uk
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage