Microsoft Word/time stamps

I have my date picker form control set to time.  I know it defaults to 12:00 but is there a way to have it display current time with one click or is there another way to do this?

Apparently not. I haven't used this control, but it seems entirely unsatisfactory when time is selected. I think it really is just a "DATE picker." Even though the control Properties display the current time when you select a time format, the control still, as you say, displays midnight in the document, and when you click on it, you get the calendar control to pick a date. You could use a DATE field with a time switch, such as { DATE \@ "h:mm am/pm" }. If you created an AutoText entry to insert the field, it would have the current time when inserted, and you could then unlink the field to "freeze" it, but that wouldn't really be any easier than just using Insert | Text | Date and Time, which has the advantage that, if you don't check the box for "Update automatically," it will insert a static time. Not really useful in a form, though.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill

I've been using Word for Windows since version 2.0 (1992), and the more I learn about it, the more I realize how little I know. But I may know a few things that you don't, and I'll help if I can. I answer many questions every day in Microsoft's peer support forums and as a result have been awarded the MVP (Most Valuable Professional) designation by Microsoft Corporation. You may be able to find the answer to your question at the Word MVPs' FAQ site or at my own Word FAQ site, so please check those first! Please, no questions about VBA (macros), Registry editing, networks, or complex merges, as I have no experience with these aspects of Word, nor do I have any experience with Word for Mac. Please indicate which version of Word you are using; if you are not sure, see "What version of Word do I have?".

I have a master's degree in classics (Latin), which is surprisingly helpful, though I no longer teach. The things I am proudest of: Having raised two children to maturity, both Merit Scholars, both college graduates (one a philosophy major!), one Phi Beta Kappa (from Harvard!); having been made a Paul Harris Fellow by my Rotary club; having been designated a Microsoft MVP.

Rotary Club of Fairhope, Friends of the Fairhope Public Library

B.A. (Latin), Agnes Scott College, 1966; M.A. (Classics), Emory University, 1972.

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional award every year since 1999; many Rotary honors