Microsoft Word/Unwanted Headers

At the top of the beginning of chapters, I have unwanted headers. Could you give me  a good way to delete them without losing what I want
I have used Word 2007 to create a fiction book manuscript for create space. It has two sections with headers on odd and even pages (my name and title of the book) But at the top of each chapter is the title of the book header and I don't want them there.

I have not tried to number pages yet.

As far as Word is concerned, headers are controlled by sections -you can specify a different section everytime you want to change the header information (which is probably what you did for the copyright and title page).

Happy to try and expand further if this isn't clear - just let me know - and if you wish me to look at a sample document my direct email is
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions of Word from 2 onwards