Microsoft Word/removing headers on certain pages only

Question
QUESTION: Mr. Wiley

I have a manuscript in Word 2007 in the style of a book.  I have created headers on odd and even pages, but they are at the top of Chapters or where I don't want them.
I am doing something wrong in trying to remove them, because I see that headers on even numbered pages where I wanted them are gone also.
I would very much appreciate clear, step by step instruction on deleting the header on certain pages only

thanks.

ANSWER: Hi Demetrius,

Now if these headers are not in the header or footer area I believe you will just have to delete them from the pages where you do not want them.

However, should they all be in the Header Area here is the simple answer:

Click where you want to start a new page without the header or footer.

Click Page Layout > Breaks > Next Page to create a break.

Double-click the header or footer area (near the top or bottom of the page) to open the Header & Footer Tools.

Click Link to Previous to turn off the link between the sections.

Good luck.

Dale :-)

QUESTION: Dale

After I go  to open the Header & Footer Tools I think I am doing something wrong at this point. I don't simply press "remove the header" do I?
I think I did what you describe before and the header on the next even page where I wanted a header was gone.

thanks

Demetrius

Answer
Header Link to Previous
Header Link to Previou  
Hello Again Demetrius,

Sounds like so far so good up to the Header & Footer Tools; You don't click remove the header but  

Click Link to Previous to turn off the link between the sections

Here are the steps again:

Good luck.

Dale :-)
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Dale F. Wiley