Microsoft Works/Google calendar

Question
Hi Richard:
My Google calendar on my desktop computer started appearing messed up yesterday. It froze so that I'm unable to open an entry on any date or move the calendar from month to month. The following appear over parts of the calendar: www.2.www and www.www.Mon.www, for days of the week and dates. Google forum and Google standard online statements are no help. What should I do or where can I go for help?

Answer
Wayne

Does it occur when you are using the google calendar in Chrome as well, if so try using the calendar in IE or Mozilla and see if you have the same problem.  If you do get back to me, if not then have a look at this below.

We've received reports from users about difficulty using Calendar in Chrome. Common symptoms are the inability to create a new event or edit events, and buttons being unresponsive. Using Calendar in other browsers works fine.

To fix this, try the following steps:

Open a new incognito window (Ctrl+Shift+N) and try to log in to Calendar there.
Go to chrome://extensions and disable all extensions, then try using Calendar again in your normal window.
This should solve your issues. The problem is often caused by an extension interfering with Calendar, so disabling the right one should make Calendar work again.
After that, you can re-enable the extensions one by one to see which one was causing problems with Calendar.

We would appreciate it if you would post to the following thread with the name of the problematic extension so that other users may also benefit: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/calendar/xfkScih_Y8M  

Microsoft Works

Richard Stephens