Microwave Cooking/How to cook Tandoori Chicken in Microwave.

Question
I have a samsung microwave oven with microwave, convection, grill, microwave-convection, and microwave-grill modes. I want to know in what mode should I cook Tandoori chicken and what should be the time and process?

Thank you in advance.

Answer
Oh Niloy, what a treat you are in for. We lived in India for a few months and Indian cooking is one of our favorites.
Tandoori chicken - I prefer to use chicken thighs because they have more fat and don't dry out as sometimes happens with white meat, but use a whole chicken, cut up, if you prefer. Remove the skin and make half inch deep slits over the surface, 1 inch apart. Massage in your tandoori seasoning and marinate for 30-60 minutes. Place the chicken in a glass pie plate and cover with the dish cover or plastic wrap. Microwave on high power for about 6 minutes per pound or to an internal temperature of 165F, 73C. Wait 5 minutes and serve.
Or, my favorite way is to cook as directed above but for 5 minutes per pound or to an internal temperature of 140F, 60C and then remove the cover and place under a broiler for about 5 minutes or until slightly charred, Or, place the chicken pieces on a hot, charcoal or gas, grill and cook until slightly charred.
Or, place the pieces on a stove-top grill and cook until slightly charred.
The chicken will be juicier than if cooked in a tandoor oven.

Microwave Cooking

Donovan Fandre