Midwives/Conception

Question
Hello...If my lmp at the time was on 11/16/10 and I went in for an ultrasound on 1/10/11 which dated me at 7weeks 6days...Does that mean I conceived on 11/30/10? How accurate are transvaginal ultrasounds? Also what does it mean when your lmp matches an ultrasound in my situation?(My periods are very irregular does that change anything) Thank you

Answer
Dear Misty,
Yes, if they said you were 7 weeks 6 days on January 10th, that would mean you conceived on December 1, possibly a day or two before or after. Transvaginal ultrasounds done in the first trimester are very accurate, possibly off by a day, max of two days. If the ultrasound matches the LMP that just proves the accuracy.
Best of luck,
Sheva

Midwives

Sheva