QUESTION: Hello, I just had my first ultrasound scan today and she dated me at 6 weeks and five days pregnant . my first day of my last period was the 24th of December 2012 . so when did i conceive ?

ANSWER: Dear Charelle,
According to your scan dates, you conceived approximately 4 weeks and 5 days ago, most likely between January 4-6. That fits in perfectly with the date of your LMP.
Best of luck,

QUESTION: "hello , i am now 8 weeks and 1 day pregnant but i do not have any symptoms. in the first few weeks i was tired and had very sore breasts but now i have nothing.  i also keep getting pains in my very lower abdomen and odd sensations , should i be worried ?"

Dear Charelle,
You may be one of those lucky women who only have mild symptoms when pregnant. Pains in the lower abdomen can mean the baby is implanting, and also quite probably the ligaments that support your uterus are stretching and shifting to accommodate the extra weight.
If you are still concerned, your doctor could order a simple blood test to check the levels of HGG, the pregnancy hormone in your blood. That would tell you if the pregnancy was doing ok.
Best of luck,

I can answer questions about choosing a midwife, the different types of midwives, whether hiring a midwife is the right choice for you, history of midwifery, midwifery beliefs and practices, and where to find a good midwife. I can also answer questions about giving birth at home with a midwife.

I am studying to be a midwife. I gave birth four times with midwives, two at home, and have experience with different types of midwives.

I am studying to be a midwife.