US Military Academy at West Point/Life at West Point in the 1920's .

Question
QUESTION: My Mother is an amateur writer and is doing research for a novel about WPMA set in the 1920's . She's 80 yrs old and doesn't do the Internet thing . How can she find information about the daily life of a Cadet in that era ? I haven't been very sucessful myself .

ANSWER: It's good to hear from you Daniel.  Thanks for your interest in West Point on behalf of your mother.

My best suggestion is to contact the Special Archives and Collections branch of the Academy Library.  They can be reached at (845) 938-3259.  Just tell them you are looking for open access references regarding Cadet life in the 1920s. They should be most helpful.

Good luck to you and your Mother in her research and writing.

Best Regards,

QUESTION: What are " open access references " and is this something she will be able to handle on her own ?

Answer
It's good to hear from you again, Daniel.

By "open access references" I mean references that are readily available to the public, primarily through libraries such as the one at West Point.  Your mother should be able to phone or correspond with libraries most anywhere.  The West Point Library should be able to send her copies of relevant materials; or simply point her to a reading list of books about Cadet life in the 1920s; or point her to other libraries or even publishers for relevant content.  

I hope this clarifies what I meant.  Good luck to your Mother in her research.

Best Regards,

US Military Academy at West Point

Bill Taylor