US Military Academy at West Point/Chinese admissions at West Point

Question
Are mainland Chinese allowed to go to the United States Military Academy at West Point and if so how long has this been allowed and by whom?

Answer
It's good to hear from you Mike.  Thanks for your interest in West Point.

The International Cadet Program (formerly Foreign Cadet Program before the 1990s) has existed at West Point since the early 19th Century.  You might find the following paper interesting as to the origins and justification for the program.

http://digital-library.usma.edu/libmedia/archives/toep/integrating_international

At the moment I can't find online the explicit list of countries eligible for the International Cadet Program, but I am almost positive that the Peoples Republic of China is NOT on that list.  The Republic of China (Taiwan) IS on the list and regularly sends International Cadets.

If the answer is not definitive enough for you, please send your email address to bill@billtaylor.com and I will follow-up directly with Admissions after the Holidays.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays,

US Military Academy at West Point

Bill Taylor