US Military Academy at West Point/Past issues of Howitzer Yearbook

Question
Dear Bill,

I am in search of past issues of the USMA yearbook.  My son graduated from West Point in 1998.  In 2005 all of his yearbooks were destroyed in Hurricane Katrina.  I would like to replace these books if at all possible.  Can you tell me if it is possible to buy replacement issues of these yearbooks-1995,1996,1997 and 1998?  Thank you for any help you can give me in this matter.

Linda E.
Proud USMA Mom Class of '98

Answer
It's good to hear from you Linda.  Thanks for your interest in West Point on behalf of your son.

There appear to be two sources of old Howitzers.  The obvious one is eBay.  At this moment there are 163 listings for "West Point Howitzer".  I didn't go through all of them, but set up a search and look for the specific ones you need.

The second possible source is the Directorate of Cadet Activities, where the Howitzer is published.  I found some references to indicate that they have limited quantities of old Howitzers.  You should contact them directly, tell them of your unfortunate loss, and I am sure that they will do whatever they can to help you out.  You can reach them at 845-938-2780 or 845-938-7989.

Good luck in your quest, Linda.

Best Regards,

US Military Academy at West Point

Bill Taylor