US Military Academy at West Point/Wilds P. Richardson

Is there a quick way to determine which Texas Congressman submitted W.P. Richardson's name for entry to the military academy in 1880?

It's good to hear from you Skipper.  Thanks for your interest in West Point.

Unfortunately there is no easy or quick way to get the answer to your question.

I recommend that you contact the Archives and Special Collections Branch of the Academy Library.

They have records on all Graduates, and if anyone has the answer is will be found in their archives.  They can be reached by phone at (845) 938-3259 or via email at .

Good luck in your quest, Skipper.

Best Regards,

US Military Academy at West Point

Bill Taylor

I can answer questions about admissions to West Point; about the history of West Point; about how to travel to West Point, where to eat, where to stay, etc.; and about West Point`s alumni organization, the West Point Association of Graduates.

I am a 1970 Graduate of West Point. I served six years on active duty and another 8 years in the active reserve. I have been actively involved as a Field Admissions Representative for over 20 years and have participated on my Congressman's Academy Selection Panel for over 25 years. I am actively involved in West Point Alumni affairs, serving in roles both with the West Point Association of Graduates and the local alumni chapter in Annapolis, MD. I also have two sons who graduated from West Point in 1995 and 2001. Both are veterans of the Iraq War and Afghanistan War. The 1995 Grad continues to serve on Active Duty in the Army.

Bachelor of Science, US Military Academy, 1970 Master of Science (Computer Science), The Johns Hopkins University, 1980