US Military Academy at West Point/Principal Nomination

I have received a letter from my MOC informing me that I have received a principal nomination.  I have also received a letter from my RC stating that I was academically and physically qualified, and I am also medically qualified.  Does this mean that I am in for sure?  Is there any chance that I might receive news early instead of having to wait until February.  Also, will my seven semester transcripts still be take into account even though I've already been qualified?

Hi, Owen, it's good to hear from you.  Congratulations on your nomination and qualification status.

With a principal nomination and "fully qualified" status you WILL receive an appointment.  My only question would relate to the "fully qualified" status.  From what you say it sounds like you are, but don't take anything for granted. Monday morning I would call admissions (845-938-4041), connect with your Regional Commander's Office, and ask them directly.  It is always best to have direct contact with your Regional Commander.

While you are presently qualified, you MUST remain qualified to validate your appointment.  So, don't goof off just because you are IN now.  I know of at least one case where an appointed candidate lost his appointment a week before R-Day because he totally blew his grades in the EIGHTH semester!  Don't let that happen to you.

Congratulations to you, Owen.

Best Regards,

US Military Academy at West Point

Bill Taylor

I can answer questions about admissions to West Point; about the history of West Point; about how to travel to West Point, where to eat, where to stay, etc.; and about West Point`s alumni organization, the West Point Association of Graduates.

I am a 1970 Graduate of West Point. I served six years on active duty and another 8 years in the active reserve. I have been actively involved as a Field Admissions Representative for over 20 years and have participated on my Congressman's Academy Selection Panel for over 25 years. I am actively involved in West Point Alumni affairs, serving in roles both with the West Point Association of Graduates and the local alumni chapter in Annapolis, MD. I also have two sons who graduated from West Point in 1995 and 2001. Both are veterans of the Iraq War and Afghanistan War. The 1995 Grad continues to serve on Active Duty in the Army.

Bachelor of Science, US Military Academy, 1970 Master of Science (Computer Science), The Johns Hopkins University, 1980