US Military Academy at West Point/Erie T. WARD

I have some indication that a cadet named Erie T WARD from the mid 1880's may be an individual I have been researching.  I believe "my" Erie WARD was born in NY, but the cadet may have been from Ohio.  "My" Erie married daughters of Samuel BELL. "My" Erie's middle name was Tibbits.  Can you provide any further data on the cadet?

It's good to hear from you Gary.  Thanks for your interest in West Point.

My primary reference is the "Register of Graduates and Former Cadets of the US Military Academy," published annually by the West Point Association of Graduates.  Per the "Register"  Erie T. Ward from Ohio was a Cadet in the Class of 1846, but did not graduate.  That is all the information provided by the Register for Former Cadets.  

If you wish to dig further, I suggest that you contact the Special Collections and Archives Branch of the Academy Library.  They can be reached at 845-938-3259, and should be able to help you with any available information in their archives regarding Cadet Ward.

Good luck in your quest, Gary.

Best Regards,

US Military Academy at West Point

Bill Taylor

I can answer questions about admissions to West Point; about the history of West Point; about how to travel to West Point, where to eat, where to stay, etc.; and about West Point`s alumni organization, the West Point Association of Graduates.

I am a 1970 Graduate of West Point. I served six years on active duty and another 8 years in the active reserve. I have been actively involved as a Field Admissions Representative for over 20 years and have participated on my Congressman's Academy Selection Panel for over 25 years. I am actively involved in West Point Alumni affairs, serving in roles both with the West Point Association of Graduates and the local alumni chapter in Annapolis, MD. I also have two sons who graduated from West Point in 1995 and 2001. Both are veterans of the Iraq War and Afghanistan War. The 1995 Grad continues to serve on Active Duty in the Army.

Bachelor of Science, US Military Academy, 1970 Master of Science (Computer Science), The Johns Hopkins University, 1980