US Military Academy at West Point/West Point Shoulder Patch

Question
Hello, I purchased a hoodie for my bosses son.  He's 16 and hopes to go to West Point.  On the hoodie I put two patches.  The problem is he is concerned, out of respect, that he is wearing what I purchased is a (sold as a) "non-cadet" patch.  The patch is one that is worn by West Point staff, I believe.  So can you comment on these concerns?  Is it improper or disrespectful to wear it, and what is the difference between cadet and non-cadet shoulder patches.  Thanks very much.

Answer
It's good to hear from you Terry.  Thanks for your interest in West Point.

This simple answer is, NOT TO WORRY.  So long as you are not in direct vicinity of West Point no one will know the difference, and even if you were near West Point there would be no disrespect.  

The two patches are the US Army patch for the Military Academy worn on their Army Uniforms by Academy Staff and Faculty.  The other patch is the United States Corps of Cadets patch worn by all Cadets.

I hope that helps.  Good luck to your boss's son in his quest for West Point.

Best Regards,

US Military Academy at West Point

Bill Taylor