US Military Academy at West Point/Nomination by a Congressman

I'm looking for the name of the former Congressman that would have presented the two brothers, John and Billy Castle of McIntosh County, Oklahoma,for admission to West Point and the graduating class of 1946.
I believe they were the first set of brothers to graduate together from the Academy. Would that class have been for a full four year program?
I would appreciate your response.

It's good to hear from you John.  Thanks for your interest in West Point.

Unfortunately the further back you go in time the harder it is to find the information you seek through congressional sources.  The reality is that with redistricting every 10 years, and changeover in political parties and occupants.

That leaves us with records that may be at West Point.  I know for a fact that Admissions does not keep information back that far.  That leaves us with the Registrar and the Special Collections and Archives Branch of the Academy Library.  Given that we are looking back almost 70 years, I would suggest that the Archives are the place to look.

You can contact them at 845-938-3259.  Tell them that you are looking into the records of the Castle brothers of the Class of 1946, with special interest in which Congressman nominated them.  They will have whatever records exist at the academy regarding graduates of that vintage.

As to the length of the West Point Experience for the Class of 1946, I believe that some were graduated in three years and some in four, with the Class of 1947.

Good luck in your quest, John.

Best Regards,

US Military Academy at West Point

Bill Taylor

I can answer questions about admissions to West Point; about the history of West Point; about how to travel to West Point, where to eat, where to stay, etc.; and about West Point`s alumni organization, the West Point Association of Graduates.

I am a 1970 Graduate of West Point. I served six years on active duty and another 8 years in the active reserve. I have been actively involved as a Field Admissions Representative for over 20 years and have participated on my Congressman's Academy Selection Panel for over 25 years. I am actively involved in West Point Alumni affairs, serving in roles both with the West Point Association of Graduates and the local alumni chapter in Annapolis, MD. I also have two sons who graduated from West Point in 1995 and 2001. Both are veterans of the Iraq War and Afghanistan War. The 1995 Grad continues to serve on Active Duty in the Army.

Bachelor of Science, US Military Academy, 1970 Master of Science (Computer Science), The Johns Hopkins University, 1980