US Military Academy at West Point/Obituary for Lewis E Maness Jr.

Question
Hello,

I am trying to find information of a former West Point graduate who died sometime in 2010. Not sure of graduation date. I am his ex wife and lost touch with him.

Thank you for any help in this matter.

Jan Dulin

Answer
Hi, Jan, it's good to hear from you.  Thanks for your interest in West Point.

I apologize for the delay in responding, but I needed to get home where my reference materials are at hand.  My condolences on the passing of your ex-husband.

My primary reference is the "Register of Graduates and Former Cadets of the US Military Academy," published annually by the West Point Association of Graduates.  Per the "Register" Lewis Edward Maness from South Carolina graduated with the Class of 1965.  He was commissioned in the Artillery and resigned from Active Duty in 1970 with the rank of Captain.  He passed away in Suwanee, GA on November 6, 1910.

Unfortunately that is all of the information available on Capt Maness.  It's up to the graduate to keep the WPAOG updated on their assignments, addresses and employment after leaving the Army.  If the graduate does not provide information, then there is not much in the Register, as is the case here.

Good luck in your quest for information, Jan.

Best Regards,  

US Military Academy at West Point

Bill Taylor