US Military Academy at West Point/West Point Attendee

Question
Good afternoon,
I am looking for a person who allegedly attended West Point in the 30s.  His name was Reid Richard Russell.  I am unsure if he graduated, however he was 28 years old when he died in Manhattan Beach, CA in September 1936. To my knowledge he was not in the military at the time of his death.

I've searched the Graduates files and I came up with nothing.  

Can you help?

Thanks

Rick

Answer
It's good to hear from you Rick.  Thanks for your interest in West Point.

My primary reference is the "Register of Graduates and Former Cadets of the US Military Academy," published annually by the West Point Association of Graduates.  Per the "Register" I can also not find any entry for a graduate or former Cadet (attended but did not graduate) with last name "Russell" and either "Reid" or "Russell" in their name.  I started in 1929 and searched through 1940, as follows:

1929 - No Russells
1930 - No Russells
1931 - No Russells
1932 - Graduate Sam Russell
1933 - No Russells
1934 - No Russells
1935 - Graduate Joseph Russell
1936 - Former Cadet Charles Russell
1937 - Graduates Dan and Edwin Russell
1938 - Graduates Gabriel and Melvin Russell
1939 - Former Cadet Edwin Russell
1940 - Graduate Austin Russell

I'm pleased to verify your research and be of some help, though in proving the negative relative to your subject.

Good luck in your quest.

Best Regards,

US Military Academy at West Point

Bill Taylor