US Military Academy at West Point/find info on a cadet class 1929

Hi, Ive recently came across of a radio comunication of the USArmy, with the name Chas. D. Wiegand 29 U.S.M.A E COMPANY WESTPOINT, NY
ive only found that charleswn a silver medal. could you give some more info. about him.

Hi, Alex, it's good to hear from you.  Thanks for your interest in West Point.  I apologize for the delay in responding as I was out all day.

My primary reference is the "Register of Graduates and Former Cadets of the US Military Academy," published annually by the West Point Association of Graduates.  Per the "Register" Charles Dudley Wiegand from Maryland graduated with the Class of 1929 and was commissioned in the Infantry.

During World War II (1943-1944) he was the Commanding Officer of an Infantry Battalion and Regiment of the 45th Division in the Mediterranean Theater where he earned the Silver Star Medal, Bronze Star Medal and Combat Infantry Badge.  He later served in the rank of Colonel as a Professor of Military Science at the University of Michigan (1950-52)and as the G4 and Chief of Staff for the Army in Alaska (1952-54).  He retired as a Colonel in 1959.  He passed away in Fort Colling, CO on March 7, 1972

I hope this information helps.  Good luck in your research.

Best Regards,

US Military Academy at West Point

Bill Taylor

I can answer questions about admissions to West Point; about the history of West Point; about how to travel to West Point, where to eat, where to stay, etc.; and about West Point`s alumni organization, the West Point Association of Graduates.

I am a 1970 Graduate of West Point. I served six years on active duty and another 8 years in the active reserve. I have been actively involved as a Field Admissions Representative for over 20 years and have participated on my Congressman's Academy Selection Panel for over 25 years. I am actively involved in West Point Alumni affairs, serving in roles both with the West Point Association of Graduates and the local alumni chapter in Annapolis, MD. I also have two sons who graduated from West Point in 1995 and 2001. Both are veterans of the Iraq War and Afghanistan War. The 1995 Grad continues to serve on Active Duty in the Army.

Bachelor of Science, US Military Academy, 1970 Master of Science (Computer Science), The Johns Hopkins University, 1980