US Military Academy at West Point/Lost Class Ring

Question
I am hoping you can help me locate the owner of a 1965 West Point class ring.  I found the ring on an AMTRAK train leaving Washington D.C. today.  As best I can read it, the inscription on the inside of the ring appears to be "W. J. Carroll.  I called West Point Alumni Association, but thought it could not hurt to pursue other avenues.

Thanks in advance for your help.

SLC

Answer
It's good to hear from you Steve (SLC).  Thanks for your interest in West Point, and thanks for your efforts to return the ring.

My primary reference is the "Register of Graduates and Former Cadets of the US Military Academy," published annually by the West Point Association of Graduates.  Per the "Register" no one with the last name Carroll was a member of or graduated with the Class of 1965.  The only two graduates with the last name Carroll.  I don't know where to go from there.

You mentioned that you contacted the WPAOG.  They support a Ring Recovery Program.  More information can be found at:

http://www.west-point.org/wp/ring_recovery/

Thanks for your honesty, Steve, and good luck in finding the owner of the ring.

Best Regards,

US Military Academy at West Point

Bill Taylor