US Military Academy at West Point/West Point international admissions

Question
Hi!! I wanna enter west point, but im spanish. I know that there are internatinal admissions but ive heard that Spain is not one of the nations invited. Is it true??
Any information will be usefull
Thanks

Answer
It's good to hear from you, Alejandra.  Thanks for your interest in West Point.

Yes there is an International Cadet program for Admissions.  Details can be found at:

http://www.westpoint.edu/admissions/SitePages/Pros_Cadets_International.aspx

They don't publish the current list of countries in the program online, but you will find more information at:

http://www.westpoint.edu/admissions/Shared%20Documents/InterInfo.pdf

Paragraph 7 of that memo suggests that, "All non U.S. citizens interested in applying for admission to the United States Military Academy at West Point are advised to first contact the U.S. Defense Attache Office located at the American Embassy in their native country."

So, I suggest that you contact the American Embassy in Spain and speak with the Defense Attache Office to learn if Spain is presently in the International Cadet program.

Good luck in your quest, Alejandra.

Best Regards,

US Military Academy at West Point

Bill Taylor