US Military Academy at West Point/alumni

Question
I am writing to find out if a Daniel Vetron is a graduate of West Point. He says he is and is now serving in Afganistan. I have been talking to him online, he says he is 56 years old. TY!

Answer
It's good to hear from you Denise.  Thanks for your interest in West Point.

My primary reference is the "Register of Graduates and Former Cadets of the US Military Academy," published annually by the West Point Association of Graduates.  Per the "Register" there is no graduate or former cadet (attended but did not graduate) with that last name.  I tried grads with first name "Daniel" and the last name beginning with "V", with the following results:

Vagnozzi, Daniel J (2008)
Valderrama, Daniel X (2013)
Vallone, Daniel A (2007)
VanBuren, Daniel T (1847)
Varanelli-Diccicco, Daniel T (2010)
Varley, Daniel W (2006)
Velazquez, Daniel L (1994)
Vitale, Daniel J (2007)

I tried the same for former cadets with the following results:

Vargo, Daniel A (1984)
Vento, Daniel G (1960)
Verona, Daniel A Jr (1964)

One other clue; if he is 56 years old, then he would have graduated somewhere in the 1980 to 1983 time frame.  Daniel Vargo is the only candidate from those above.

Unless we have the spelling wrong, this person is not a graduate or former cadet.

Good luck in your quest, Denise.

Best Regards,  

US Military Academy at West Point

Bill Taylor