US Military Academy at West Point/Henry H. Robert, Class of 1904

I'm trying to verify if this was the graduating year for Lt. Henry H. Robert. He was born 08 Sep 1882 in Mississippi and died as Major 01 Sep 1917 at Vancouver Barracks, Clark County, Washington. Is there a photograph of him in the 1904 class book? I found him on a 1914 page as a Captain with Corp of Engineers.
Thanks, Ron

It's good to hear from you Ron.  Thanks for your interest in West Point.

My primary reference is the "Register of Graduates and Former Cadets of the US Military Academy," published annually by the West Point Association of Graduates (WPAOG).  Per the "Register"  Henry H. Robert was indeed a Graduate with the Class of 1904.  

I don't have access to any class books, but you can contact the Special Collections and Archives Branch of the Academy Library for more information; reach them at (845) 938-3259, or email to  They may be able to help you with a class photo or album.  They MAY also have the Obituary of Major Robert that was published in 1918.

Another possible source for the obituary is the WPAOG; try them at 845.446.1647, FAX 446.1695
E-mail:  They will find Major Robert by his Cullum Number: 4220.

Good luck in your quest, Ron.

Best Regards,

US Military Academy at West Point

Bill Taylor

I can answer questions about admissions to West Point; about the history of West Point; about how to travel to West Point, where to eat, where to stay, etc.; and about West Point`s alumni organization, the West Point Association of Graduates.

I am a 1970 Graduate of West Point. I served six years on active duty and another 8 years in the active reserve. I have been actively involved as a Field Admissions Representative for over 20 years and have participated on my Congressman's Academy Selection Panel for over 25 years. I am actively involved in West Point Alumni affairs, serving in roles both with the West Point Association of Graduates and the local alumni chapter in Annapolis, MD. I also have two sons who graduated from West Point in 1995 and 2001. Both are veterans of the Iraq War and Afghanistan War. The 1995 Grad continues to serve on Active Duty in the Army.

Bachelor of Science, US Military Academy, 1970 Master of Science (Computer Science), The Johns Hopkins University, 1980