US Military Academy at West Point/Question

Hellow my name is Walter
I want to know if exist any way to get in west point if i am a resident permanent?
I am 16 years old (sophomore)

Joining the army reseve to receive the citizen quick or How?

Wait your answer

It's good to hear from you, Walter.  Thanks for your interest in West Point.

In general, you must be a US citizen for regular admission to West Point.  There is a separate category for International Cadets, but that requires admission through your country of citizenship.  I suggest you check out the Admissions website at:

You may join the US Army Reserves or your State Army National Guard without citizenship.  I do believe that once joined there is a shorter path to citizenship.  The only hard requirement for West Point is that you must not yet be 23 years of age on July 1st of the year you are admitted.

So, Walter, you do have time and there are paths to the Army and citizenship if you want admission to West Point.

Good luck in your quest.

Best Regards,  

US Military Academy at West Point

Bill Taylor

I can answer questions about admissions to West Point; about the history of West Point; about how to travel to West Point, where to eat, where to stay, etc.; and about West Point`s alumni organization, the West Point Association of Graduates.

I am a 1970 Graduate of West Point. I served six years on active duty and another 8 years in the active reserve. I have been actively involved as a Field Admissions Representative for over 20 years and have participated on my Congressman's Academy Selection Panel for over 25 years. I am actively involved in West Point Alumni affairs, serving in roles both with the West Point Association of Graduates and the local alumni chapter in Annapolis, MD. I also have two sons who graduated from West Point in 1995 and 2001. Both are veterans of the Iraq War and Afghanistan War. The 1995 Grad continues to serve on Active Duty in the Army.

Bachelor of Science, US Military Academy, 1970 Master of Science (Computer Science), The Johns Hopkins University, 1980