US Military Academy at West Point/Admission to west point

Question
please am a Ghanaian and a graduate of high school.please am i qualified to be in the US military at west point.Thank you please

Answer
It's good to hear from you, Georgina.  Thanks for your interest in West Point.

In general, you must be a US Citizen to be admitted to West Point.  The only exception is for the International Cadet program.  For more information please check here:

http://www.usma.edu/admissions/SitePages/Pros_Cadets_International.aspx

"To apply for admission to West Point, contact the U.S. Defense Attaché Office at the American Embassy in your country. This office serves as the link between the student, the host nation and the U.S. Military Academy at West Point."

"The application process for international students is essentially the same as that for U.S. citizens, with a few key differences. General requirements include:

- Be sponsored by a national-level government official.
    - Be between the ages of 17 and 22.
    - Not be married or pregnant, or have any legal obligation to support children."

So, your first step would be to study that web page, then contact the U.S. Defense Attaché Office at the American Embassy in Ghana.

Good luck in your quest, Georgina.

Best Regards,

US Military Academy at West Point

Bill Taylor