US Military Academy at West Point/William Penn Watkinson Callum 28955

Question
It seems he was your classmate. I was in high school with Penn and he was just the finest person around. What was the 1970 Callum range of numbers? Anything to share if you knew Penn. We are planning the 50th reunion of his high school class and preparing tributes to deceased members. Thanks.

Answer
It's good to hear from you, Richard.  Thanks for your interest in your classmate Penn Watkinson and the Class of 1970.  

To answer your specific questions:
1. The first graduate in the Class of 1970 was Jack Zoeller, Cullum Number 28750
2. The last (but certainly not least) graduate was Frank Gyovai, Cullum Number 29498
3. There were 749 of us graduated.
4, As of our 45th reunion earlier this month, there are 60 who have passed on, including Penn.

Unfortunately I did not know Penn personally at West Point or in the Army, though I know many who did and thought highly of him.  Thanks for the question, and good luck with your reunion.

William Penn Watkinson, Rest in Peace.

Best Regards,

US Military Academy at West Point

Bill Taylor