US Military Academy at West Point/West Point Graduates Service Details

For a novel I'm writing as a hobby, I'm unable to located certain details about West Point graduates who served in the Korean and Vietnam Wars. Can you tell me:

- How many West Point graduates served in the Vietnam War (1958-1973)?
- How many West Point graduates served in both the Korean War and the Vietnam War?
- Among the approx. 83,000 POW/MIAs still unaccounted for since WII, how many were West Point graduates?

Thank you for your time and support.

It's good to hear from you, Mark.  Thanks for your interest in West Point.

You ask reasonable questions.  However, they are of such a broad nature that they go far beyond the resources I have available to answer them.

I will refer you to an office at the Academy that should be able to help you.  That is the Special Collections and Archives Branch of the Academy Library.  You can reach them at 845-938-3259.  Tell them about your project and I am sure that they can either help you directly, and/or point you to other resources that can help.

Good luck in your research.

Best Regards,

US Military Academy at West Point

Bill Taylor

I can answer questions about admissions to West Point; about the history of West Point; about how to travel to West Point, where to eat, where to stay, etc.; and about West Point`s alumni organization, the West Point Association of Graduates.

I am a 1970 Graduate of West Point. I served six years on active duty and another 8 years in the active reserve. I have been actively involved as a Field Admissions Representative for over 20 years and have participated on my Congressman's Academy Selection Panel for over 25 years. I am actively involved in West Point Alumni affairs, serving in roles both with the West Point Association of Graduates and the local alumni chapter in Annapolis, MD. I also have two sons who graduated from West Point in 1995 and 2001. Both are veterans of the Iraq War and Afghanistan War. The 1995 Grad continues to serve on Active Duty in the Army.

Bachelor of Science, US Military Academy, 1970 Master of Science (Computer Science), The Johns Hopkins University, 1980