Military History/89th Station Hospital - Pacific WWII

Wm. D. Vaughn wrote at 2014-02-07 05:32:00
to Stan and Alan Cagle and any others who desire info on personnel of the 89th station hosp.

My father, PFC Edgar Eugene Vaughn was assigned to the 89th.  Unfortunately I don't know exact dates.  However I have in my possession a 3 day pass signed by1st Lt Carl R. Ramsey, DET Comdr. dated 9 Jan 1944 to visit Ingham, Queensland, Australia and return on 12 Jan 1944.  

Dad got out of the service after the war, but re entered the army five years later and served thirty years.  He never spoke to us kids about his experiences and we never questioned.  I do know he served in WWll, Korea, and Vietnam.  He passed away Feb 2, 1980 at age 59.  He retire as an E7.  His entire career was with medical.  He served with the 46th surgical in Landstuhl, Ger 1959-1963, then to Ft Gorden, Ga until 1968, then Ft Carson, Co until 1970, and then to Ft Wainwright, Ak until he retired.

I would also like to find out info on his career. I can be reached by email at

Military History

Alan F. Cagle

Specialize in WWII/Korean War, Army Enlisted Discharges (WD AGO Form 53-55) It is currently called the DD-214. I have a good general knowledge of the WWII and Korean Theatres of Operations. I can (usually) translate the military abbreviations on the form and provide some background on the soldier’s unit, its history and campaigns as well as providing additional reference sites for the user. I am a former US Army Infantry Officer on Active Duty during the Vietnam War.

I am a former US Army Infantry Officer on Active Duty during the Vietnam War (1970-71).

BA Economics (University of Alabama 1970) MA Sociology (Louisiana State University 1975)